Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Tale Dark & Grimm ... But Happy For You!

For all of you 5th (now 6th) graders who read A Tale Dark & Grimm last year, I need to tell you two things:

source: adamgidwitz.com
1. There is a companion book called In a Glass Grimmly, which follows the bloody adventures of Jack and Jill as they go on a quest. I just finished it today. And then, when I was looking for an image of the book cover to post in this entry, I JUST THIS MINUTE discovered that there is a final book coming out in October called The Grimm Conclusion that includes the "true" story of ... wait for it ... RUMPELSTILTSKIN!

2. The author, Adam Gidwitz, will be at the Rhode Island Festival of Children's Books and Authors on Saturday, October 19! This annual event takes place at the Lincoln School in Providence and costs only $5 to attend. (NOTE: If your family cannot afford admission, I may be able to get my hands on some free passes that I can raffle off.) If you attend, I bet you'll be able to buy a copy of the brand new book and have him SIGN it!!!!!! That's what I would be doing that day if I hadn't already been invited to a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment