Monday, May 18, 2020

Telling Fibs

Fibonacci, a mathematician who lived during the 1200s, developed a number sequence named after him. Each number is added to the previous number to get the next number: 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 and so on.

Author Greg Pincus invented the “Fib” form of poetry, in which each consecutive line has the same number of syllables that appear in the Fibonacci sequence. During Poetry Week, students could choose to write a Fib. Here are some of their creations:


Jump!
image from mocomi.com
Left
and right!
Get the ball!
Being a goalie
is so very fun! Block it! Yay! 
- P.S., Rm 115


Please,
Mom,
Why not?
Oh, forgot
you do not like dogs ...
then maybe we can get a frog.
- L.J., Rm 116


I
love
sleeping
because my
bed is so cozy
that I fall asleep so quickly.
- C.L., Rm 116


Down!
Set!
Hike ball!
The ball is snapped up.
Give it to the running back now.
Boom, pow, trucking left and right, me taking hits all night.
I hear them cheering in the stands, "Run Bubba," "Go boy Go," "Get 'em get 'em, all the way!"
- J.S., Rm 117


Jump,
slide,
spin, catch,
dance - Woo hoo!
Baseball is so great.
That is why I appreciate.
- K.J., Rm 117


I
love
to sleep
and also
do some crafts for fun
and also be creative too.
- L.R., Rm 117


I
Love
To dance
With music
Dancing’s really fun
Twirl, twist, and turn - dance to the beat
Leap and kick with your feet, sing along to the cool beat.
- E.S., Rm 118


I
love
to read
and eat food,
play games with my friends,
and hang out with my family. 
- M.S., Rm 119


Bark!
Grrrr!
Lucy...
She's bitey.
She's also lovey.
My dog Lucy is amazing.
- J.C., Rm 120


No comments:

Post a Comment