Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mock Caldecott Finalists - Batch 3

Circle, Square, Moose!
Words: Kelly Bingham
Pictures: Paul O. Zelinsky
source: harpercollins.com

If you've read Z is for Zebra, then you've already met Moose. He LOVES to be the center of attention, and he thinks that he deserves to be included as a star character in every book. This one got a lot of belly laughs from first graders.

The trailer below includes the voices of lots of famous children's authors and illustrators ... make sure to watch the credits.






source: harpercollins.com
Go, Go, Go, Stop!
Charise Mericle Harper

When I started going through picture books getting "Caldecott buzz" over the summer, this was one of the first ones I put in the "my kids will like this" pile. I was not wrong. It could be because of the construction vehicles; it could be because the kids got to yell "Go!" and "Stop!" Either way, I'm glad they liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment