Sunday, December 22, 2013

In Other Words ...

Fifth graders are practicing their paraphrasing skills. Their assignment was to put the following sentences into their own words:

During my earlier years, I experienced much strife with my male and female siblings who were born before me. Now that we are more mature, we have overcome some of our differences and have the ability to interact pleasantly.

Here are some of the new sentences the students came up with:

Years ago, I was always angry with my older siblings. Now that we've grown up, we are more respectful. -. A.Y.

When I was a kid, I argued with my brother and sister. Now that I'm older, my siblings and I get along. - R.S.

When I was younger, I got into trouble with my brothers and sisters. Now that we are older, we don't get into trouble. - A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment