Friday, October 19, 2012

Hello from your new librarian

My name is Ms. Moore, and I’m thrilled to be a part of the Cranston Public Schools. Although one of my first jobs – at age 12 – was volunteering at the Children’s Room of my hometown library, it took me years of working in various communications roles to figure out that what I really wanted to be when I grew up was a school librarian.

So what goes on in the library besides checking out books? How about research? Learning to work in groups? Literary criticism? Math skills? That’s right … the library supports the work your children do in the classroom by reinforcing concepts covered in all subjects, from science to language arts.

In this blog, I will be sharing some of our lessons, as well as ways families can reinforce information literacy skills at home. I'll also keep you in the loop on new books, resources, and reading-related events.

I look forward to getting to know the families here at Garden City. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or comments at mmoore@cpsed.net or 401-270-8073.

No comments:

Post a Comment