Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Telling Fibs in 3rd Grade

Fibonacci, a mathematician who lived during the 1200s, developed a number sequence named after him. Each number is added to the previous number to get the next number: 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 and so on. 


Author Greg Pincus invented the “Fib” form of poetry, in which each consecutive line has the same number of syllables that appear in the Fibonacci sequence. We wrote some together to practice. For example: 


barn

bowl

cow's milk

moo moo moo

it smells bad in here

the duck is walking down the road


Then the students wrote their own. Here are some of their creations:


Banana 

soft

smooth

peel it

white inside

it is very sweet

I love bananas - they're good, yum!

- B.B.



Outdoors

tree

sky

grassy

windy breeze

leaves are falling off

clouds are blocking the sun's shining

- A.T.



Scoring

fun

great

so fun

shoot, dunk, score!

all you need is skill

you can chant: be MVP, yes!

- L.S.



The Pig

pig

mud

oink oink

pig said yuck

pig, mop the floor now!

but I'm covered in mud, so ha.

- J.R.



Duck Meme

boy

sells

lemon-

ade and duck

wants some grapes and said

these are find, but lemonade's juiced

- A.T.



Elephant

El-

eph-

ant is

so very

big. HA HA HA HA.

OMG, so big, I love it.

- E.W.



Headache

ow

ow

my head

feels so bad

headache, headache, ow

my head hurts horribly a lot

- A.P.



car

long

driving

poop p.u.

I watered my pants

I got car sick and you know what

- E.L.



Testing

the 

test

is go-

ing to start

everyone, silence!

everyone focus on me now

- I.T.



Weather

to-

day 

the wea-

there is great

for Nico and A-

driana and Alesandra

- A.P.



Chicken

I

like

the new

nugget at

Chicken World today - 

not on the week but chicken eat

- A.B.



The School is on Fire!

The

new 

school is

on fire!

We need the fire

fighters to get rid of fire.

-B.T.



Ice Cream

Mom,

can 

I have

ice cream? No!

WHY? I WANT ICE CREAM!!!

I said no and stop yelling now!

-J.M.



Chicken from the Oven

I

like

chicken

that is hot

out of the oven

yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum 

- A.R.P.



Me

I

love

to eat

fry burger

and lettuce with cheese

tots and good mashed potatoes yeah!

- V.C.



Ice Cream

we

love

ice cream

for dessert

with a cherry on

top with mint chocolate chip cookies

- E.T.



sun

me

cupcake

I am five

Baseball is a fun

I want to eat a chicken 'wich

- P.O.



I Love Treats

Me

and 

Leila

eat ice cream

with lots of gummies,

sprinkles, hot fudge, and cookie dough.

- N.R.



I

am

angry - 

you better

not reject this work.

If you do, I'll become angry.

- M.L.



Together

to-

geth-

er we

do any-

thing. alone is not

an option. we, us, and others.

- L.B.

1 comment:

  1. Such/Fibs!/Much fun!/Here I see/Creativity/Quite exciting - please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete