Monday, March 28, 2022

Our Inaugural Sibert Winner Is ...

goodreads.com

The American Library Association awards the Sibert Medal to the creators of "the most distinguished informational book for children published in the U.S. in English." This year, second-graders chose their winner for the Oak Lawn Mock Sibert by a landslide: I am the Shark by Joan Holub, illustrated by Laurie Keller. 


Here are some reasons the kids voted for it:

  • It is so so so so funny.

  • I learned that the whale shark is as big as a bus.

  • I like how one of the characters can't figure out what he is best at.

  • I learned a lot about different sharks.

  • It means you are special.

  • I like how he says, "I am the best at swimming" and then this guy says "No, I am the best swimmer."

  • I never knew there were so many sharks.

  • I liked the pictures in the book.

  • It has facts in it and it was funny.

  • It is all about sharks and what they can do.

  • Did you know a tiger shark is a really good hunter?

  • Because everyone says "no you're not" whenever he said he is good at something.

  • I learned that the Greenland shark can live up to 400 years old.

  • He keeps saying "I am the best shark!"

  • Sharks are my favorite animal.

  • Every time he thinks of something he is, then it is wrong.

  • It shows a life lesson to be kind and love yourself, and it's fun for kids.





No comments:

Post a Comment